Guide to Selling Your Home
When it comes to dealing in property, the most valuable asset that you have is your current home, so it is important to make sure that you get the most from it, when the time comes to sell it. This way you can ensure that you have the funds you need to make the move really worth it.
What is the Process?
When you?re preparing to sell your home, what is the process that needs to be undertaken?
- Firstly you need to establish what your home is worth, you can do this by booking a free valuation with your Nicholas Estates agent. Our valuations are free and we guarantee that we will provide the most accurate valuation available on the market.
- You will need to establish how much the move will cost you. Take into account for estate agent fees, legal fees, removals and other associated costs.
- Legally you are required to have an EPC, or Energy Performance Certificate. This is a report detailing the energy efficiency of a property. You will be given a score of A (most efficient) to G (least efficient), which is valid for 10 years.
- Then, is time to put your house on the market. Speak to Nicholas Estates concerning our strategy for selling your home, putting the property online and preparing for viewings.
- Once viewings have been made, you are looking for offers. You will be notified of offers being received, and you will be given the option to accept or reject the offer. Make sure that you hold out for the right offer that you need.
Once an offer has been accepted, your solicitor will see you through the process of reaching the exchange of contact and preparing you for moving day.
Tips for Viewings
When you are selling your home and preparing it for viewings, it is important that the property is ready to be displayed to the best of its ability.
- Mow the lawn, trim the hedges and tidy up the outside of the home, so that it has the necessary drive by appeal to sell.
- Declutter the rooms in the house. People want to see space so that they can imagine themselves living in the house, this is harder when your personal effects are spread across the property.
- Bathrooms, toilets and kitchens are the key rooms in the home and have a big influence in how people perceive the house, and eventually how many offers you receive.
Essentially, think about what you look for in the home and work towards that.
Selling your house is a big task, but if you do it right, it will work in your favour when you locate your dream home.